Have you ever had a shower that left your skin feeling dry, and tight? That’s because the water coming out of the pipes is hard. The good news is that hard water is easily resolved, by getting a water softener installation handled by a certified plumber in Waterloo.
What Is a Water Softener?
A water softener is a device that helps reduce the hardness of water by removing dissolved minerals from it. This process, known as “ion exchange,” helps eliminate buildup in pipes and appliances caused by calcium and magnesium. The softened water also prevents scale build-up on fixtures and dishes and can help protect plumbing from clogging.
What Are the Advantages of Installing a Water Softener?
Having a water softener installed comes with many advantages that can save homeowners money and time in the long run. Here are some of the benefits that come with installing a water softener:
- Reduced Limescale Buildup – Hard water is known to cause limescale buildup in pipes and appliances, which can clog fixtures and lead to expensive repairs. Installing a water softener helps reduce the amount of limescale buildup in pipes and other areas by removing calcium and magnesium from the water.
- Longer Appliance Life – Limescale buildup caused by hard water is one of the leading causes of appliance failure. By installing a water softener, you can help extend the life of your appliances and save money on repairs or replacements.
- Easier Cleaning – Softened water makes cleaning easier due to reduced limescale buildup in sinks, tubs, showers, and other areas.
Tips for Maintaining Your Water Softener
Now that you have installed a water softener in your home, it’s important to know how to properly maintain it. Here are some tips on keeping your system in tip-top condition:
- Test Regularly – Regular testing of the softener can help detect any malfunctions or changes in the quality of the softened water.
- Change Salt and Filter Media – Depending on the type of system you have, it’s important to change out the salt and filter media as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Get Your System Checked – An annual checkup can help ensure that your system is running smoothly and efficiently.
Following these tips can help keep your water softener running in peak condition for years to come. Be sure to ask any questions you may have about maintenance and servicing your system to a professional.
Installing a water softener is an excellent way to reduce limescale buildup, extend the life of your appliances, and make cleaning easier. With so many benefits, it’s easy to see why more people are choosing to install water softeners in their homes. For more information on water softener installation in Waterloo, be sure to contact a local professional for advice and quotes. With the right system in place, you can enjoy softer water and all of its benefits for years to come.
Contact Eco-Pro Plumbing & Drains to view our water softener installation services.